did you know that canadians produce 3.3 million tonnes of plastic waste per year? if your jaw just dropped, then keep reading...
fact: about 2.8 million tonnes of plastic waste ends up in canadian landfills every year – equivalent to the weight of 24 cn towers.
that's 86% of canada’s plastic waste in landfills, while only 9% is recycled. the rest is burned in incinerators, contributing to climate change and air pollution, or ends up in the environment as litter.
the facts are alarming when you put it all together. the good news is that change can happen, and it all starts with us! ask yourself...
how can i reduce the amount of waste i produce?
- only buy what you need
- choose products with less packaging
- find eco-friendly alternatives
- look for items that are reusable and sustainable
how can i reuse what i have?
- take your every day items and repurpose them to give them a new life
- reusing old items helps reduce waste sent to the landfill
- ditch plastic bags and choose reusable, environmentally-friendly bags instead
- fill up a reusable water bottle instead of buying a new one
how can i recycle the products that i use?
- after reducing and reusing, comes recycling
- separate items that can be recycled so they can be used for a new purpose
- separate glass, cardboard, aluminum, and lead batteries
for the love of glass, it's time to make a change!
we continue our efforts to reduce single use plastics and replace them with reusable alternatives. we love finding products that are not only good for you, but good for the environment. ditch the plastic and make the switch to glass, cardboard, aluminum and other sustainable materials!
did you know? glass is infinitely reusable and recyclable. now that's something we can stand behind.
check out our collection of glass bottles >>> click here.
♻️ 🌍 🌱