*cue the taylor swift fall playlist*
do you feel like you just opened your eyes and it's all the sudden the end of august? yup, us too. but, don't let your dread for winter ruin the beauty of fall. summer is great and all, but with the changing of the season brings a sense of calmness. the onset of cooler air allows you to breathe deeper and lighter, and truly feel the wind beneath your wings.
so let's open our arms to the beginning of the fall season, and hug it tight with a big warm blanket. here's some inspiration to get you in the cozy mood, and feel excited for what's to come.
when we hear fall, we also hear the light of a match and crackle of a fire. candle season is finally here. pick a warm-feeling scent and let it fill your room. here are our favourite scents that (quietly) scream fall.
- coffee peppermint vanilla - this candle gives the feeling of having your first cup of coffee in the morning, you're still in your bathrobe, and you can just sit back and enjoy.
- orange cinnamon clove - the sweet orange is complemented with cinnamon to perfectly fuse the scents of summer & winter together - thus creating fall.
- cedarwood vanilla - transports you to a cute local farm, where you can pick your own pumpkins & drink apple cider. it's subtle woody scent is enhanced with smooth vanilla.
- rosemary lavender - is the key to relaxation. good for any season, this pairing makes you ready to curl up in bed and watch your favourite movie. this fall is all about coming back down to earth after a hectic summer.
time to rinse off the sand from the summer, and get all cleaned up for the hibernation season ahead. hopefully, this fall you can take some well-deserved, much-needed, time for yourself. light a candle, run the water, and hope in a restorative bath.
- vanilla chai salt soak - it doesn't get more fall-like than this. chai is the official drink of fall, so bathing in it can't be anything other than relaxing. salt soaks are great for detoxifying.
- northern sage recovery bath soak - this will transport you to the middle of the forest. smell the dew on the fresh pine trees as it nourishes your skin. get the feeling of a fall cottage weekend right from your bathtub.
- massaging dry brush - increase circulation and exfoliate dry skin with dry brushing. with the weather changing, your skin will take time to adjust. get your body into fall quicker by revitalizing your skin from the beginning.
pair bath time with our super soft turkish cotton towel. there's nothing better than getting out of the bath and wrapping yourself in a big, soft, warm towel.
colder weather means more time inside. make your home as cozy and relaxing as possible, so you don't mind spending time indoors.
- bergamot cedarwood fabric spray - bring your carpets, pillows, and furniture into the fall vibe too. you'll never want to leave after smelling the warm bergamot scent, all curled up on the couch, binging gilmore girls. sounds like heaven.
- laundry sheets - nothing, and i mean nothing, is better than clean laundry. try zero waste detergent sheets. forget measuring out messy liquid detergent. this fall is about less effort, more reward.
- ceramic mug - we all know fall is the season of hot coffee & tea. treat yourself to a new mug to cradle every morning. locally made in toronto, the speckled clay mug is one of a kind. *try their incense holder too!
fall isn't the death of summer, it's the beginning of a restful season ahead. embrace the cool wind, falling leaves, and intimacy that comes with it. we hope we inspired you to get into the spirit of autumn.