Who knew having gorgeous, healthy hair could be so attainable?! Today, we're sharing 3 simple and natural hair care recipes: a dry shampoo, texturizing spray and a hair serum. It's time to step up your hair care regimen! Find carrier oils and a variety of bottles that you'll need for these recipes over on our website here. Some are even on sale so don't miss out! Let's begin!
This natural, cost-effective dry shampoo will be your new favourite! It's free of chemicals and doesn't have an overpowering smell like many of the dry shampoo brands you'll find at the drugstore. And the lovely combination of Lavender, Peppermint and Rosemary essential oil helps to promote full, healthy, and fresh feeling hair. This dry shampoo will also help to prolong the time between when you wash your hair which can be damaging if it's often.
You will need:
- 180 ml Glossy White Shaker Bottle (available here)
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Powder
- 4 drops Lavender Oil
- 4 drops Rosemary Oil
- 4 drops Peppermint Oil
- Cacao powder (optional for dark coloured hair)
*Some other great essential oil options for your hair include Tea Tree, Clary Sage, Cedarwood, Geranium, Lemon and Cypress.
- In your 180 ml Shaker Bottle, combine Arrowroot Powder, Essential Oils and Cacao Powder if you have dark hair (start with a tablespoon, adjusting until you're satisfied with the shade).
- Add on the cap and shake until combined. If you own a food processor, you can use that to mix this recipe before transferring it to your shaker bottle.
- Sprinkle your dry shampoo onto your roots and lightly massage into your hair. You can use a hairbrush or designated makeup brush to blend it in.
This serum recipe is super easy! You can use this serum day and night if your heart desires! Argan oil locks in moisture, and is amazing for achieving soft, silky hair. Depending on how often you plan to use this serum, you can make it in a larger 120 ml dropper bottle or in a 15 ml dropper bottle.
What you'll need for a 15 ml dropper bottle:
- Repurpose an empty 15 ml essential oil bottle by adding a 15 ml dropper top (available here)
- 1 tbsp Argan Oil (available here)
- 3 drops Lavender Oil
- 3 drops Rosemary Oil
- 3 drops Peppermint Oil
What you'll need for a 120 ml Glass Bottle with Dropper Top (available here):
- 1/4 Cup Argan Oil (available here)
- 2 tsp Vitamin E (available here)
- 15 drops Lavender oil
- 15 drops Rosemary oil
- 15 drops Peppermint
Add ingredients to your dropper bottle and shake to combine. Add a few drops to the palm of your hand and work into damp hair starting from the tips. Avoid your roots unless you want to use this serum as an occasional conditioning mask to soothe a dry, itchy scalp. This serum might make your roots oily otherwise.
Argan oil is also fabulous for your skin, making it a versatile carrier oil to have on hand. Lavender, Peppermint and Rosemary essential oil helps to promote full, healthy hair.
Texturizing Hair Spray
Who says you can't have those beach waves year-round? There are a few ways you can use this texturizing hair spray depending on your hair type (see instructions below). It will leave your hair smelling and feeling fresh without any chemicals. And by using simple household staples like sea salt and sugar, you can add texture naturally. Lavender, Grapefruit, Rosemary and Cedarwood are all great essential oils when it comes to hair health. This combination will help to promote full, lush hair while balancing oil levels.
You will need:
- 250 ml Spray Bottle (available here)
- 2 drops Lavender Oil
- 2 drops Grapefruit Oil
- 2 drops Rosemary Oil
- 2 drops Cedarwood Oil
- 1 tsp Fractionated Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil or Argan Oil (available here)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- Boil water in a kettle, measure out 1 cup and dissolve sugar and salt. Alternatively, you can boil water, salt, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Allow mixture to cool before adding in essential oils.
- Add to spray bottle and shake. You can use a mini funnel for ease (available here).
- Apply hair spray as you like. Here are a few suggestions:
If you have straight hair, you can try braiding it while it's damp. Once dry, gently undo your braids and apply your hair spray, scutching from the tips upwards. You can also use a blow dryer to create volume before adding this hair spray.
If you have wavy or curly hair, apply hair spray while it's damp for defined curls.
If you have frizzy hair, apply hair spray to tame flyaways.
That's it for now! Enjoy these recipes and don't forget to tag us on Facebook and Instagram (@myessentialbusiness) if you make any of these recipes!
Leave a comment