Valentine's Day is all about being able to express love to the people around you. This could include self-love, love for your best friends, or love for that special someone in your life. Better yet, let's celebrate all of those because why not? We're sharing some fun ways to use essential oils this Valentine's Day. Have fun with your oils and spread the love while you're doing it!
- 1-2 tbsp Fractionated Coconut Oil or Jojoba Oil or Argan Oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil (hair growth & healthy scalp)
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil (for thick, strong locks)
- 2 drops cedarwood essential oil (dander, oily hair, promote hair growth)
- 2 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Other great options: Geranium, Patchouli, Peppermint, Clary Sage
- Directions: Combine essential oils with base oil and work it into your hair from root to tip. Tie up your hair or add a shower cap and let it sit for 20-30 min. Hop in the shower or bath and wash hair as normal (you may need to shampoo your hair twice).
- Add 3-12 drops of essential oils to 1 tbsp of a carrier oil like Fractionated Coconut Oil or Jojoba Oil and 2 tbsp of Castile Soap
- Directions: Mix together and add it to your bath.
- Relaxing Bath Blend: 5 drops lavender, 4 drops chamomile, 3 drops frankincense
For Your Friends
Soothe The Skin Face Mask
- 3 tbsp of Cocoa Butter
- 4 tbsp of Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp of Vitamin E Oil
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- *Lavender is frequently used to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections
- Directions: Mix together in a bowl or jar, apply to damp face, let sit for 15-20 minutes, remove with a hot towel
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Jojoba Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 1 drop lemon essential oil
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- Directions: Mix together in a bowl or small jar. Massage onto lips and remove excess. For more "scrub" action, add more sugar to your mix.
For Your Love
- 10 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 6 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 14 drops bergamot essential oil
- 3oz distilled water
- Directions: Add essential oils to a 4 oz (120 ml) glass spray bottle and fill with water. Spray lightly on sheets for a romantic evening.
Turn Up The Heat Massage Oil
- 2 drops rose essential oil
- 2 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 2 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 3 drops vanilla essential oil
- 3 drops clary sage essential oil
- 2 drops cinnamon essential oil
- Directions: In a 2oz (60ml) glass bottle, add oils, swirl together, top off with a carrier oil like Fractionated Coconut Oil. Use a massage blend to warm the body and nourish the skin.
Have a Happy Valentine's Day and let's continue to spread the love all year long. Give the recipes a try and tell us what you think in the comments!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook for DIY recipes, sales + more! Feel free to share your creations by tagging us on social media! We'd love to see them.
DISCLAIMER: Make sure you are using the safest essential oils available to you, we use Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. All information mentioned in this blog post has not been evaluated by Health Canada or the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Leave a comment