we hear the phrase "sustainable living" more and more, but what does is actually mean? sustainable living is a practical philosophy that aims to reduce personal and societal environmental impact by making positive changes which counteract climate change and other negative environmental concerns.
more simply, sustainable living is a method of reducing one’s “carbon footprint”. it's easy to say, but not as easy to follow through with if you don't know where to start.
we're here to help you get started with some simple tips and tricks. let's live a sustainable lifestyle together...
"sustainable living encourages people to minimize their use of earth’s resources and reduce the damage from human and environmental interactions."
5 simple tips to start living a sustainable life
every little action can have a huge impact on the earth. feel good, knowing that you're making a difference for future generations to come.
- reduce your energy usage: turn off unnecessary lights in your home to not only reduce your electrical bill, but also reduce global warming
- hang your clothes to dry instead: dryers are handy, but use a lot of energy. Opt out of the regular tumble dry and hang your clothes instead. Looking to get more wear out of your clothes? Check out this non-toxic fabric spray.
- switch to glass: replace your everyday plastics with glass alternatives. Glass is one of the most sustainable materials on earth. It is 100% recyclable and can be re-melted endlessly without ever reducing its quality.
- choose coconut oil for your beauty care: use coconut oil for hair masks, makeup remover, dry skin and so much more. No need to use single use makeup wipes, switch to a re-usable and washable cloth.
- use natural cleaners: reduce plastic waste and the chemicals you introduce to the environment by making your own multi-purpose cleaner using essential oils.
there is no better day to start than today. take small actions towards a future where humans and nature thrive together. try out these 5 tips in your daily routines. comment below with other tips and tricks you use for a sustainable life!
Leave a comment